Pros and Cons of Anti-Aging Creams Help You Decide
First of all, let me explain the role of collagen within our bodies. Collagen is the support structure that makes our skin appear smooth and young. It is made up of proteins that form strong fibers to connect cells, keeping the skin firm and wrinkle-free. As we age, our bodies produce less collagen because of reduced communication between cells of the skin, therefore creating wrinkles and loss of skin tone.
Most anti-aging creams contain peptides, which are compounds of amino acids that become the messengers within the skin, slowing down the break down of collagen and in some cases even working to strengthen the collagen to firm the skin tone.
Pros and Cons of Anti-Aging Creams
- Many of these creams contain added vitamins and herbs that have anti-aging potential
- They feel good to the skin, moisturizing with added benefits
- They do produce results although the extent of those results differs with each individual
- With the peptides communicating between cells and encouraging the collagen levels to remain strong, our skin looks fresh, smooth and young
- Most creams have a light pleasant scent
- It is technology that can be used in the home, rather than having to have injections or surgery to remove wrinkles
- It is less expensive than having Botox and wrinkle-free injections, which wear off in time and must be re-administered
- If you have sensitive skin, some creams may cause rashes
- Some anti-aging creams have harsh ingredients and can dry out the skin, necessitating the use of extra moisturizing lotions
- It may take a few tries of different creams to find one that works, costing extra money, time and patience
- Some products can be expensive, upwards of $100
- Products that contain mineral oil may clog pores over time and create irritation of the skin
So it comes down to weighing the pros and cons of each anti-aging cream and lotion out there to decide if you want to spend the time and money to acquire that smoother healthier skin you had at a younger age.
The benefits of anti-aging creams may just outweigh the possible negative aspects. But remember, patience is the key, as Dr. Neal Schultz points out in the following video:
If you have found this post helpful and would like to share it, please click on one of the buttons below. Thank you.